iJan van Eyck, Portret van Giovanni Arnolfini en zijn Echtgenote (detail), 1434, National Gallery, Londen
iFrans Hals, Lachende jongen, 1625, Mauritshuis, Den Haag
iVincent van Gogh, Sterrennacht, 1889, The Museum of Modern Art, New York
iMVRDV, WoZoCo Oklahoma, Amsterdam, 1994-97
iAlexander McQueen, Duck feather-jacket, Sauvage Beauty, Autumn/winter 2010-2011
Advanced Course Art History
From Jan van Eyck to fashion history
Did you enjoy participating in the Introduction to Art History course with art historian Carien Kanters? Especially for you we now offer a wonderful advanced course in which some special topics of Dutch and Flemish art will be highlighted.
During a series of ten lectures and a visit to a museum you will be presented with an overview of the most important Flemish and Dutch artists, a brief overview of Dutch architecture, fashion history and female artists. Discover more about the world of art with the enthusiastic Carien Kanters as your guide.
11 course sessions, one of which will be conducted as an excursion | No syllabus available
Subjects covered during the course:
- Iconography : how to read and interpret symbols and meanings in art
- Flemish late gothic: Jan van Eyck
- Flemish Baroque: Rubens
- Dutch baroque : Frans Hals and Rembrandt
- Dutch 19th century art, from romanticism to impressionism
- A Dutch post-impressionist : Vincent van Gogh
- (Dutch) Art Nouveau and Art Deco
- Dutch architecture 17th to 21st century
- Fashion history
- Female artists throughout history
The course will be taught in English.
16 september t/m 2 december
|10:00 tot 12:00||Carien Kanters||